2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
Looking for a powerful truck that’s truly in a class of its own? Few light-duty trucks can rival the max GMC Sierra towing capacity of 13,000 pounds. If you’re ready to boost productivity on the job in Salem, take a closer look at the 2022 GMC Sierra! Below, we’ve outlined key upgrades, specs, and features for this standout model, including the Max Trailering Package and ProGrade Trailering System.
Wondering how to get the GMC Sierra towing capacity you need? The team at Lum's Buick GMC is happy to tell you how much the GMC Sierra can tow in each configuration, so don’t hesitate to reach out!
2022 GMC Sierra Towing & Payload Capacity
The GMC Sierra towing capacity tops out at 13,000 pounds, but how much can the GMC Sierra tow in other configurations? Choose from four configurations to build a Sierra with the capability you require on and off the job in Newberg:
Enhanced 2.7L Turbo High-Output Engine
- Max towing capacity: 9,400 pounds
- Max payload capacity: 2,280 pounds
- 310 hp, 420 lb-ft of torque
5.3L V8 Engine
- Max towing capacity: 11,200 pounds
- Max payload capacity: 2,180 pounds
- 355 hp, 383 lb-ft of torque
3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel Engine
- Max towing capacity: 13,000 pounds
- Max payload capacity: 1,830 pounds
- 277 hp, 460 lb-ft of torque
6.2L EcoTec3 V8 Engine
- Max towing capacity: 13,000 pounds
- Max payload capacity: 5,420 pounds (with Max Trailering Package)
- 420 hp, 460 lb-ft of torque
Advanced Features for Powerful GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
In order to reach the max GMC Sierra towing capacity, you’ll need the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the optional Max Trailering Package. You can also choose to equip your Sierra with any of the following tow-specific upgrades:
- Max Trailering Package: Adds an automatic locking rear differential, enhanced cooling radiator, 9.76-inch axle, 3.42 axle ratio, 220-amp alternator, and more.
- Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch Guidance with Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake is automatically applied when you shift the vehicle into Park.
- Trailering Camera Package: Adds two side-view mirror cameras for easier lane changes and reverse driving with a trailer in tow.
- Traction Select System: Optimizes transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak system depending on the drive mode. Modes include Tow/Haul, Tour, Sport, Terrain, Snow, and Off-Road.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Using control buttons on the center console, manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
Tow More With the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
The available GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System allows you to tow at the maximum GMC Sierra towing capacity with complete confidence. Thanks to features like integrated smartphone connectivity and high-resolution cameras, trailering in Newberg can be smoother and safer than ever:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Dynamic grid lines and zoom capabilities make it easy to hitch your trailer on the first try.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Before you hit the road in Hillsboro, this system tests that your trailer lights are working properly.
- In-Vehicle Trailer App: With the integrated smartphone app, you have access to Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, pre-departure checklist, and more.
Test Drive a New GMC Sierra for Sale in Mcminnville
If you’re ready to experience the GMC Sierra towing capacity and performance features for yourself, head over to our dealership in Mcminnville! Our team is standing by to help you find a truck that meets your needs and a financing deal that fits your budget. Reach out to learn more about our streamlined car-buying process at Lum's Buick GMC.
More from Lum's Buick GMC
2023 GMC Sierra 1500
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Trim Levels Looking for a light-duty pickup truck that offers Yamhill County drivers with best in class diesel horsepower and torque, while also being the most luxurious in its class? Then it sounds like you’re looking for a 2023 GMC Sierra from Lum’s Buick GMC in McMinnville. The GMC Sierra 1500…
Chevrolet Service at Lum’s Buick GMC
History of Chevrolet and GMC General Motors was founded in 1908, and would go on to merge with Chevrolet Motor Company in 1918. General Motors still owns Chevrolet to this day and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, anytime soon. Chevrolet offers vehicles from trucks to SUVs and Subcompact cars. GMC only offers SUVs and…
2022 GMC 3500 Towing Capacity
The new GMC Sierra HD is getting pretty popular around Salem job sites. That’s likely due to the impressive GMC 3500 towing capacity. How much can a GMC Sierra 3500 tow? The 3500 is capable of towing an unbelievable 36,000 pounds when equipped with a diesel engine and a fifth-wheel, and 16,530 pounds with…
0 comment(s) so far on 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity