2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
Drivers around Salem have been asking,”How much can the GMC Sierra tow?” When properly equipped with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with the Max Trailering package, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity can reach a maximum of 11,800 pounds. This makes it a light-duty pickup option that Newberg drivers can really get behind, as it takes care of everything that their work and life can throw their way. Learn more about what’s needed to reach that GMC Sierra towing capacity limit, as well as how much can each GMC Sierra engine tow, so that you can find the right option that fits your needs, only at Lum's Buick GMC.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
As mentioned above, the Sierra 1500 can handle up to 11,800 pounds, but only when it has been properly equipped. In order to reach the maximum towing capacity, you’ll need to select the 4WD Crew Cab, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package options. Below are some ways choices that can influence your towing capacity:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 11,800-pound towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
With the available ProGrade Trailering System, you’ll gain access to innovative towing technology that makes towing a breeze. For added safety while driving around Hillsboro, you’ll be able to utilize high-resolution cameras, your Sierra’s infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing easier and safer.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature shows you a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help you hitch up your trailer correctly on the first try.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Even when you’re by yourself, you can test your trailer lights before you hit the road with the trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Test Drive Your GMC Sierra Today at Lum's Buick GMC
If you’re ready to take on the powerful 2021 GMC Sierra 1500, then the first step is to contact us to schedule a test drive. You’ll be able to work with our finance department, as well, to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible on your brand new Sierra 1500. If you’re ready to start the car buying process, then apply for financing online to jump in line, to make sure you’re taking home your Sierra 1500 that much quicker, or you could check out the 2022 Sierra 1500 Refresh.
More From Lum's Buick GMC
Looking for a powerful truck that’s truly in a class of its own? Few light-duty trucks can rival the max GMC Sierra towing capacity of 13,000 pounds. If you’re ready to boost productivity on the job in Salem, take a closer look at the 2022 GMC Sierra! Below, we’ve outlined key upgrades, specs, and…
Whether you see it on the rugged trails around Salem or from inside the cabin, the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 is a show-stopper. Known throughout the years for being a showstopper, it continues to impress as time goes on. But how does the 2022 GMC Sierra interior stack up? Below, we’ll go over the…
Looking for a light-duty pickup truck that offers Salem drivers with tenacious performance and a relaxing interior cabin? Then, it sounds like you’re looking for a 2022 GMC Sierra from Lum's Buick GMC. When you’re browsing the GMC Sierra 1500 trim levels, you’ll find that there are plenty of options that are guaranteed to impress local…